July has been a busy month.
Here’s some of what I’ve been up to:
- I traveled for work and spent time in the media tent at the Jimmy Buffett & Friends Live from the Gulf Coast concert, which was broadcast on CMT. I’m also working on some great projects at work involving social media and community engagement. I love my job.
- I got a massage after I developed some really horrible knots in my back/shoulder/neck area. I really wish I could afford a monthly massage!
- I realized that I’ve been gaining weight – sadly I can’t fit into most of my pants anymore, and I am most definitely a solid size 14 at this point. So sad, too, after I got down to a really solid size 12, and closing in on 10, at our wedding last year. So I’ve started walking the dog more. Brian and I also renewed our Sam’s Club membership and stocked up on some healthy eats. I’ve slipped up several times though. But I’m working on it. I just like food, OK?
- I’ve started reading the book Unclutter Your Life in One Week by Erin Doland, the editor of unclutterer.com. I’m going to start this weekend on doing the things the book tells me to do, which says to start in your closet. Lord knows I wear maybe 25% of what I own.
- I’ve teared through all but the latest (Heart of the Matter; it’s still on my paperbackswap wish list) of Emily Giffin’s books. They’re good. I’m also all the way up to the newest Jen Lancaster memoir, My Fair Lazy. And I’m up to Book 9 of the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood books. Quality entertainment!
- I saw Toy Story 3 and Eclipse in the theatre. Both were wonderful, in very different ways. And I’m counting down the days until the next Harry Potter release this November, then the next Pirates of the Caribbean May 2011, then the last Harry Potter release July 2011, then the first Breaking Dawn release November 2011. I wholeheartedly love all 3 movie franchises!
- Speaking of counting down days, we’re counting down the days until our next Disney World vacation! We’re crazy Disney people at this point. We’re going in October for 5 nights, mainly for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and the water parks, all new experiences for us. We’re staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort and taking advantage of the free dining promotion Disney World has put out for a good portion of the remaining year. At first we didn’t think we would be able to afford the trip, but I think we’ll be able to make it work, especially because…
- We got ALABAMA FOOTBALL season tickets! We’ve been on the waiting list for 3 and a half years, and we got the call 2 weeks ago that our number is up. And while the up-front cost is a lot, we think that after selling 2 highly sought after sets of tickets, we will be in the black and able to put any additional ticket sales toward our Disney vacation. There are 7 home games, and I don’t think I’ll want to go to more than 3. Yes, I’m a fan, but the hassle of traveling down to the game, finding parking, hiking a mile, etc., gets a little old! I can watch it on TV if it means green in my pocket.
- Finally, the move to Mobile is still on, but we still don’t have a lot of interest in our house, which needs to sell before we can move. I’m scouting around for Realtors to list with, as our by-owner MLS contract runs out in 2 months. Sigh…
How has your summer gone?